Content isn’t just “king”, it’s clutch. It’s the key to your marketing success. Without great content what can you really do? I mean your product or service isn’t Brad Pitt, so I highly doubt just a dashing smile will sell for you…
So, we need content. We need great, awesome, make your audience stop in their tracks content. Stop in their feed, content.
But how can you make your content work smarter, not always just harder?
Here are some thoughts:
- Create derivative pieces of content from your original piece that can be drivers to the main piece of content. For example if you have a whitepaper or video as your hero piece, consider an infographic, cut downs, social (yes, obbviously) posts, audiograms, podcasts episodes, blog posts, teasers, etc to lead people in, learn how to become an accountant.
- Get your advocates, writers, influencers, to promote for you. Your brand will have more cache if it’s not always boasting about itself.
- Create a series. Sometimes a hero piece isn’t enough, but a series around the theme or area of content focus could help leverage it further and allow for greater shelf live. For example ,consider different industry variations, creative flavors for the season, and/or must-haves based on audience targets (based on your product/service of course).
- Give extra bonus content for people who sign up. Not only will you get their data, but you’ll be able to leverage it to build that relationship.
- If it really works, rinse and repeat with another hero piece in a similar fashion.
Content can’t do all the work itself, but it also shouldn’t have to take an army to make it work well.
Let your content work smarter, not harder.
image source: https://www.instagram.com/bradpittofflcial